Saturday 23 July 2011

Wouxun KG-699E Fault

My Wouxun KG-699E, 4m hand held radio, developed a fault recently. The loud speaker socket (3.5mm) became intermittent so I took it back to Martin Lynch and Sons (www.hamradio.co.uk) where I bought it.

 I asked MLS if this was a common fault. They said the socket is surface mounted on the PCB and this had come detached and needed resoldering. They had seen it before but it was not common. They said that generally the reliability of these Wouxun radios is very good.

They looked at it straight away and repaired it while I waited. This fault was non-fatal as the internal speaker worked, but still annoying. Full marks to Martin Lynch for customer service and fixing my radio quickly under guarantee.

If you are looking for my full review of the Wouxun KG-699E, look at my earlier posts, particularly: http://m0bgr.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-12-20T17%3A00%3A00Z&max-results=7 



Dave M0BGR

No comments: